STAYING WITH US
Do you have a child who requires treatment at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, and live 100kms or more away from the Hospital? If so, we may be able to help.
CRITERIA TO STAY
To stay in the House your sick child must be either:
- Staying in the House with you;
- Or, if they are being treated as an in-patient, there must be other siblings that require accommodation.
Unfortunately we do not provide accommodation for adults only.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
For the health and safety of all guests staying at the House, it is important that no guests staying or visiting the House have any viral illnesses. As the House provides a communal living environment, many children staying with us have weakened immune systems and it is our focus to put their health first.
DOES IT COST TO STAY AT THE HOUSE?
All families staying at the House are eligible for financial support on accommodation costs.
We only charge the IPTAAS rate, which is fully reimbursed to you by your local area Health Office on completion of a Patient Accommodation Application Form.
If you are staying for long periods of time you can also apply for Bulk Billing, which means you only pay the first two nights and the rest is paid directly to us on your departure.
We will assist you in any way we can to help you complete these forms, or answer any questions you may have around this process to make it easier for you.
HOW TO GET TO US
- From North via Pacific Highway - Travel 14kms along Pennant Hills Road, Right onto James Ruse Drive at North Parramatta - James Ruse Drive becomes Briens Road - Left into Redbank Road – 2nd set of lights past Windsor Rd overpass.
- From South via Hume Highway - Cumberland Highway, continue then take right turn at Old Windsor Rd, Briens Road T Junction - Right into Redbank Road.
- From the West from Blue Mountains - Left onto Cumberland Highway at Wentworthville, continue then take right turn at Old Windsor Road, Briens Road T Junction. Then right at lights to Redbank Road.