Ways to help
MEALS FROM THE HEART
WHY MEALS FROM THE HEART
Ronald McDonald House Canberra provides a home away from home for regional families of seriously ill children with the aim to keep families close during their time of need. Parents often return to the House after a long day at the hospital with their child and cooking a meal may be the last thing on their minds. This is an area where the House can take the stress away from a parent and make their lives easier.
Ronald McDonald House needs your help to ensure an efficient and quality dinner time service for families staying in the House.
THE PROGRAM - MEALS FROM THE HEART
The Meals from the Heart Dinner Program invites teams of co-workers or community groups to prepare dinner for the families staying at the House. Ronald McDonald House Canberra provides the kitchen, and you provide the menu, food and enthusiastic chefs! You’ll be rewarded with a fun and meaningful experience, while you help make our families lives that little bit easier.
Dress up, decorate the dining room or theme your experience how you wish - you are only limited by your imagination!
- Initial enquiries through the expression of interest below
- Date will be confirmed by the RMH Canberra Team
- Start thinking about your menu
- Send your menu in one week before your meal date
- Arrive at RMH Canberra at 3pm on your date
- Kitchen orientation completed with full team & House and Family Room Tour
- Get cooking!
- Dinner served by 6.30pm
- Final clean up