Making dreams come true
Charlie Bell Scholarships
RMHC Charlie Bell Scholarship program
Helping young people reach their goals.
About our Scholarships
A serious illness or injury can make life stand still. Making any progress – whether it be in your education or career – can feel almost impossible. That’s why our Scholarship program exists.
By awarding one-off grants of up to $5,000 to deserving young people, we’re giving them the chance to get their schooling or career back on track. So whether the money goes towards university fees, apprenticeship tools, books or supplies, RMHC is there to help them succeed.
What are the details?
- Scholarships are awarded annually
- Applications close on 30th September each year (excluding QLD/NT)
- Queensland and Northern Territory Applications close on 31st October, 2019
- Selection will be made by the Ronald McDonald House Awards Committee
- Attendance at the Awards Ceremony is required, where possible
Who can apply?
To apply for a scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You need to be between 15-20 yrs of age (permission from a parent or guardian is required for children under the age of 18)
- You need to have been treated at a Children’s Hospital for Serious Illness or Injury
- You must be eligible to attend a tertiary or vocational institution such as University, College or TAFE
How to get started
You can apply for a scholarship simply by completing a form that requires you to supply:
- Educational information/history
- Relevant medical history
- An outline of your study aims, career pursuits, personal achievements, community involvement & goals for the future
- A personal reference
- Education/Employer reference
- Signature of parent/guardian (if under 18 years)
About Charlie Bell
The late Charlie Bell was the first Australian Global CEO of McDonald’s. After passing away following a courageous battle with cancer, Charlie left a wonderful legacy that allows young people who have experienced serious illness or injury to get their life back on track and follow their dreams.
RMHC is privileged to offer Scholarships in honour of Charlie Bell.